Pages

background

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Love Blocks

A while back, when Valentine's Day seemed like it would never come, I found a tutorial for these blocks on the Oopsey Daisy Blog. You may view the original tutorial with pictures here, or keep reading to see how I did it.

In order to make this, you will need:
A 2x4 block of wood (cut into four pieces)
Spray paint
Scrapbook paper and Cardstock
Ribbon
Mod Podge
Glue Gun

I let Adam have a little fun with this one and cut the 2x4 into four pieces: one 6in block, two 7in blocks, and one 8in block. I gave each piece of wood a few coats of black spray paint and sanded the sides.

To make the letters, I picked a font, printed it out, and traced each letter onto cardstock. Since I don't have any fancy machine for cutting, this is what I resorted to. I cut the letters from the cardstock and they were ready to go.

Next, I traced each piece of wood onto scrapbook paper and cut them out. Using Mod Podge, I put the different patterned paper onto each block of wood. Another coat of Mod Podge was used to adhere the letters, and a final coat of Mod Podge went on top.

When that completely dried, I added the ribbon using a glue gun. I followed the tips from Oopsey Daisy and only put ribbon around the sides and top of each block so they would stand nicely. Simple as that! Now you can make one for every holiday.


Variations:
-any colors
-any paper
-any letters

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment