Pages

background

Friday, January 6, 2012

Letter Photo Art

I found a really cool tutorial on the Shanty-2-Chic blog, and couldn't wait to try it! With Christmas right around the corner(when I came across this), I decided to whip up a few for gifts. They were a big hit, and I may even have to make my mom a "Laundry" one.


In order to make this, you will need:
A 2x10 piece of wood
4x6 pictures frames (I got mine at Dollar Tree)
Spray paint in the colors of your choosing
Hot glue gun
Letter pictures

First, I picked my letters be clicking HERE. There are a ton of letters to choose from, and they are absolutely free!

Next, I spray painted both the wood and the picture frames, both needed several coats. Once they were completely dry, I put the pictures in the frames and pulled the support piece off the backing of frame. I then determined the placing of each frame on the wood. When I got it just right, I began gluing. I used a hot glue gun, so it wasn't long before the glue dried and I could see my finished product.







Variations:
- For longer names/words, you may want to use 3x5 frames and a smaller piece of wood.
- A thinner piece of would should be used if you would like to hang you letter art on a wall.

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment