Pages

background

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Ribbon Trees

Oh Pinterest, how I love thee. I saw these ribbon trees from Whipper Berry about a week ago, and just knew I needed to make some. I headed out to the store yesterday to get the supplies, and finished my first tree today.


In order to make this, you will need:
Styrofoam cones
Ribbon (any color you'd like)
Sewing Pins




I first cut ribbon into 4inch pieces. Then, I simply looped the ribbon and attached each piece with a sewing pin, starting at the bottom of the cone. I continued this until the tree was covered, ranging the pieces of ribbon from 4 inches(bottom) to 2 inches(top). When I reached the top, I added two loops to the top to make the point of the tree.



This project was very easy and only took about 2 hours altogether. These tree would be great for anyone to make, even if you aren't very crafty. I absolutely LOVEEE my first tree, and can't wait to make more!!




Variations:
-Using paper mache cones will be less expensive, but you will need to use hot glue to secure the ribbon instead of pins.
- Switch up the colors for a more unique look.
- You can make many different trees in many different sizes to display in your home.


Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment