Pages

background

Monday, February 20, 2012

St. Patty's Day Wreath


This is a project I have been so excited to do! Finally, Joann's holiday fabrics went on sale last weekend, and I was able to begin this fun project. I originally saw a picture of this wreath at The Magic of Ordinary Things blog and it looked like something that could be easily recreated.

In order to make this, you will need:
1 wire hanger
Fabric
Scissors
Ribbon


I used 5 fabric patterns for this wreath, but you could use as many or as few as you'd like. I purchased half a yard of each pattern, and still had plenty of fabric leftover for another project (coming soon).


To start this project I shaped the wire hanger into a circle and cut off the hook at the top. You could leave the hook on if you are planning to hang your wreath from it.


Next, I cut strips of each fabric. My strips were approximately 1 to 1.5 inches wide and 8-9 inches long. I say approximately because I did not measure as I cut, i figured it wouldn't matter for the final product. You may cut your strips any width you desire. If you have more fabrics, you may want them thinner so each one takes up less space. 


Once all the work is done, the fun begins! I began tying each strip to the wire hanger, until the hanger was full and my wreath was complete! The amount of fabric strips you need will depend on how thin you cut your strips. I also added a ribbon for hanging.









Happy Crafting!
Love, Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment